About whey protein powder
Whey Proteins are athletes’ and bodybuilder’s best buddies.
Whey protein is basically derived from milk. Milk is composed of two proteins: Casein is approximately 80 percent of milk protein, and Whey makes up the other 20 percent.
Whey is the liquid that remains after cheese is made from milk after the solids have been removed. After the liquid whey and the solid casein have been separated, the product goes through a number of processing steps before it is finally recognised by most people as whey protein.
Whey protein is a flavourless Protein Powder that can be used in baked products, protein bars, and smoothies.
Whey Protein Powder Types
Whey protein comes in mainly three different varieties. These include whey protein isolate, whey protein concentrate, and Hydrolyzed whey protein.
Whey protein concentrate - This whey protein type is the least processed. In general, whey protein concentrate has low levels of lactose and fat and contains roughly 70–80 percent protein. Due to the fact that they are the least processed, they are the cheapest of the three types of proteins.
Whey Protein Isolate - Whey protein isolates are more processed than whey protein concentrates. It is more processed to remove carbohydrates and fats. It contains a 90–95 percent protein concentration since practically all of the fat and lactose that are found in whey protein concentrate have been eliminated. Whey protein isolates are a little more expensive than whey protein concentrates because they go through more stages of fats and carbs removal.
Hydrolyzed whey protein - This type of whey protein contains 80-90% protein. This Protein Powder is easily digestible as the long chains in whey protein are broken down into smaller ones. The smaller protein chains are known as peptides, and they are easily absorbed by the body, leaving behind the potential for any allergic reactions. Since this type of whey protein undergoes the maximum stages of filters, this is the most expensive kind of whey protein.
Health Benefits of Whey Protein Powder
- Whey protein powder serves as a complete protein for everyone ranging from a beginner to a professional bodybuilder and even an athlete.
- It has all nine of the essential amino acids, which are needed for protein synthesis. These amino acids are especially important since your body cannot produce them on its own, so you must get them from your diet.
- Leucine, isoleucine, and valine, the three necessary amino acids collectively known as BCAAs, are abundant in whey protein supplements.
- Whey protein benefits - You are able to create and maintain muscles, get an extra boost of energy, and remain energised throughout those demanding gym sessions only because of these amino acids.
How to Use?
Scitron’s Whey Protein Powders can be consumed both by mixing in water and milk according to your preference. The protein powder is pure and does not contain any sugar, that is why they easily mix with both water and milk to form a homogeneous liquid.
Best Whey Protein Powder List:
The best Whey Protein Powders from Scitron are -
- ADVANCE Whey Protein Powder - This is the protein powder that is the preferred choice of many bodybuilders, famous personalities, sports persona, fitness freaks, and famous names. The protein powder contains 25.5g of protein and 6g of BCAA.
- Essential Whey Protein Isolate - Providing 24g of high quality protein in each serving, this is the protein powder that you need. This whey protein powder is fortified with DigeZyme which is a special multi-enzyme blend that enhances nutrient consumption and increases the effectiveness of digestion.
- 100% RAW Whey Protein Isolate - Along with providing you with 27g of protein per 30g of serving, this whey protein powder is your ideal match if you want greater gains in strength and lean body mass with muscles.
- 100% RAW Whey Protein Concentrate - This Protein powder will provide 24g of protein in each serving. The best part is that it does not contain any kind of added flavours or sugar. If you are looking for faster workout recoveries and greater gains, then this is the whey protein supplement for you.
- Ripped Whey Protein - This whey protein powder offers 30g of protein in each serving which is a premium blend of isolate and concentrate, 500mg of L-Carnitine, and 300 mg of CLA. turn your fat into energy with this whey protein supplement.
You need to know of a few safety measures before you consume whey protein supplements. They are -
- Always stick to the quantity mentioned on the protein powder to stay away from an overdose.
- Always check the Whey protein powder to whether it contains any kind of artificial sweetener if you are a diabetes patient.
- Always make sure that your whey protein supplement contains genuine ingredients.
- Always make sure that you are working out or doing physical activity (in the form of sports or going to the gym) when you consume whey protein powder.
Top Selling Protein Powder of 2022
Scitron is supplying the best protein powder in India, giving big discounts on whey protein supplements. Protein supplements price in India can be understood through this table.
|S.No.||Scitron Product Name||Original Price (In Rs.)||
Sale Price (In Rs.)
||Customer Rating (Out of 5 stars)|
|2.||Essential Whey Protein Isolate|
100% RAW Whey Protein Isolate
|4.||100% RAW Whey Protein Concentrate|
|5.||Organic Plant Protein|
Frequently Asked Questions:
1. Can I drink Whey protein shakes as a meal replacement?
The answer to this would be a big No. Whey Protein shakes can not be used as meal replacements. They should in fact never be used as a replacement for your meals. Protein shakes lack the variety of Vitamins and minerals required to make them a valuable food source. Protein shake supplements the amino acid intake. But aside from amino acids and sugar, Whey protein shakes contain very little otherwise it does not make them a good replacement for meals.
2. When should I drink protein shakes for weight loss?
There is no set time to drink a protein shake for Weight Loss. One of the biggest problems that people face in the process of losing weight is the ability to control themselves from munching on snacks. You only munch on snacks when you don’t feel full. The best thing to do in this case is to buy low-fat and low-sugar Whey protein shakes to suppress your hunger, keep you satiated, and stop you from turning to unhealthy options.
3. What are the ingredients of Scitron Whey Protein Powders?
One of our most recently launched product categories is the Nitro Series. It is packed with the right amount of protein, BCAA, EAA, and even Arginine or Carnitine in some of these products. Other than this, flavours such as Milk Chocolate, Chocolate Fudge Brownie, Rich Chocolate, Double Rich Chocolate, and Chocolate Fantasy are added to the Whey protein powder. No other unwanted ingredient is added.
Our Plant-Based Protein Powder is also much loved among vegan protein consumers. If your diet plan doesn’t allow you to consume whey protein powder, you can always switch to our 100% Organic Pea Protein.
4. What can I mix with Whey protein powder?
Whey Protein Powder is a versatile product. It gives you the liberty to add it to anything. You can blend it into your smoothies, add it to your favorite recipes, or oatmeal and even yogurt. Ultimately, the best thing in which you can mix Advance Whey Protein depends on your preferences, taste, and nutrition goals.
5. What is the best liquid to mix with Whey Protein Powder?
- If you are consuming a Whey protein shake to help with weight loss, water is the best good choice.
- If you are looking to renew your energies after a long and tough workout, milk is the way to go.
- If you like to drink your Whey protein shake first thing in the morning, you can even add Whey protein to your coffee.
6. Can you mix protein powder with milk?
Mixing Whey Protein Powder with milk will make a better-tasting shake that would be higher in calorie count. It should also be kept in mind that the flavor and nutrition content of the shake will depend on the milk you use. For example, Cow’s milk tastes different from plant milk and contains more protein.
The market is full of brands offering plant-based milk and some of them even claim to give competition to cow’s milk in terms of nutrition. However, it should not be forgotten that plant-based milk also contains more additives.
7. Can you mix protein powder with water?
Mixing Whey protein powder with water can turn out to be a great option if you are not looking to change the nutritional content of your protein shake. Water does not add any calories or fats. Therefore, what you see on the nutrition facts on the Whey protein powder is what you intake.
The undeniable fact that cannot be ignored here is that water makes the worst-tasting protein shake. But this does not mean that you cannot enjoy your Whey protein shake with just water. The facts are put in front of you to make you understand that taking Whey protein Powder with water would mean that you will be sacrificing flavor and texture for fewer calories. For those of us looking to get a protein boost and nothing else, this might not be an issue and will turn out to be the perfect option.
8. Does hot water destroy whey protein?
Mixing whey protein with hot water can be a great low-calorie option as compared to milk or juice. However, it is important to know that whey protein Powder devalues above 100 degrees Celsius. Therefore, it is always better not to use boiling water.
Also, it is seen that mixing the Whey protein with hot water makes clumps in the shake. Therefore, it is always advisable to mix the Whey protein with room temperature water first to dissolve.
9. Is it safe to consume whey protein powder?Whey Protein Powder is absolutely safe to consume. Many people consume it without any ill effects.
Some people, however, suffer from digestion problems. People who are lactose intolerant and those allergic to cow’s milk may be allergic to Whey protein as well. If you experience any kind of side effects, try a Whey Protein Isolate or non-dairy protein alternatives.
Except for a few exceptions, Whey Protein is one of the best Whey Protein supplements on the market. A variety of research can be found to support its beneficial roles in strength and muscle building as well as recovery and weight loss.