The Science Behind Muscle Recovery And Tips To Maximise It
Muscle recovery is as important as the exercise itself. Yes, you read that right! It is hard to believe and therefore in this blog we are telling you the science behind muscle recovery and how you can maximise it with the tips that we would be sharing. So keep reading this blog till the end to understand this important component of transforming into your fitter self.
What is muscle recovery?
Muscle recovery involves muscle repair and inflammation reduction. The energy and nutrients in your muscles and tissues gets replenished and restored by reviving cellular activity through the process of muscle recovery.
An insufficient recovery might result in overload injuries and poor performance.
The cause of muscle soreness after exercise
The term for aching muscles after a workout is delayed onset muscle soreness (DOMS). According to a research, soreness is a physiological reaction to microscopic injuries received during vigorous activity. Muscle inflammation brought on by microscopic muscle fibre tears is part of the reaction. Even though it may be upsetting and uncomfortable, this soreness is common and a necessary component of the muscle-building process.
Types of recovery
- Passive Recovery : Permitting your body to essentially recover at its own pace. Prolonged passive recovery, however, may potentially result in setbacks.
- Active Recovery : Engaging in physical exercise to aid in healing and regrowth. In general, this is crucial for the athletes' physical and mental recovery. It is a crucial component of the majority of the programmes. Active recovery has a number of advantages.
- Lowering lactic acid accumulation
- Removing toxins
- Keeps muscles flexible
- Enhanced mobility
- Minimises soreness
- Improved circulation and blood flow
Science backed tips on recovering faster
You don’t have to do anything extraordinary to fasten the process of recovery. The list of tips that we are presenting before you will shock you but these tips are actually your everyday activity that you need to focus on during the recovery period.
- Get more sleep
- Take a daytime nap
- Listen to music
- Reduce your stress levels
- Eat protein in the morning
- Have some protein before bed
- Eat a little protein before your workout
- Eat something with protein post-workout
- Skip the booze
- Drink lots of water
- Rest your muscles
- Take a cold bath and massage
Supplements for faster muscle recovery
Your body needs specific nutrients in order to properly rebuild and repair itself to keep you healthy, free of soreness, and on track to reach your training goals. In order to improve your athletic performance, adding the proper nutrients to your post-workout recovery routine will aid in faster muscle recovery, encourage muscle repair, and lessen muscle mass breakdown and discomfort.
A few supplements for quick muscle repair are listed below:
- Creatine Monohydrate : When used in combination with resistance exercise, it has been shown to increase muscle strength. It has also been found to assist in replenishing the muscles' glycogen stores, which helps athletes recover from rigorous training by lowering muscular damage and inflammation.
- Omega-3 Fish Oil : mega-3s speed up the production of proteins that help your body grow and repair muscle. This process is known as muscle protein synthesis.
- L-arginine : Arginine is an amino acid that promotes the production of growth hormone, which helps with muscular development, improved power, and recuperation. It is the precursor to creatine, which improves performance in a natural way.
- Acetyl-L-Carnitine : The amino acid L-carnitine, when taken as a supplement, has also been found to lessen muscle pain and tissue damage after vigorous exercise. A study on middle-aged males and females found that L-carnitine supplementation reduced muscle damage and improved muscular tissue repair.
Scitron Asli Protein Try Kar!
You might have been struggling with muscle soreness and recovering from it but more than even this suffering you might have been having difficulty in finding the supplements that would repair your muscles quickly. Don’t worry! Scitron is here to help.
Scitron is India’s 1st sports and nutrition supplement brand which has been providing high-quality supplements to athletes. Gym-goers and fitness freaks. Scitron has been associated with many known names of bollywood, sports industry, fitness industry and athletes.
Scitron is Labdoor Certified and Eurofins Certified, which means that it delivers exactly what it claims. Scitron sources its raw materials from the world's best raw material providing company Glanbia nutrition. When you trust the supplement that you are taking to quicken up the recovery process, you recover quickly.
Check out supplements from Scitron that will help you recover faster -
Check out these and all the other supplements that you might require in your exercise routine on our website - Scitron.